The very first few weeks without a cigarette are the hardest without hypnotherapy.
Your body is fighting your addiction to cigarettes.
You can get through the physical cravings for a cigarette.
Find the right method that works for you.
Talking to the right professional makes a huge difference to your chances to quit for Good and stay that way.
Quitting for good works if you Believe that you can do it.
Clinical Hypnotherapy has been successfully used to quit smoking because it gets right to the source of your smoking habit. Hypnotherapy is all about helping you make the changes in your habits and behaviours, but it does not make you do what you do not want to do.
“Change takes place when people take action. Real change takes place when people persist in taking action over a period of time”.
Why would you go to a hypnotherapist to stop smoking?
- To stop smoking.
- To experience guided relaxation.
- To learn how to tap away the cravings to smoke.
- To be in control of your smoking habit.
- To effectively use mental and emotional strategies to become a confident non-smoker.
- To participate in a skilful blend of information exchange, guidance and therapeutic techniques to create a permanent behavioural exchange.
- To become aware of the real drivers of your smoking habit and to develop alternative coping strategies.
Most smokers will say that they are addicted to nicotine but they misuse the term addicted. People who are truly addicted to a substance need to have that substance to stop going into withdrawal. I am speaking of dealing with those symptoms to an addiction that can be life-threatening in some cases. I have worked with quit smoking as well as other addictions and the difference between them is huge.
When one stops smoking cigarettes or other nicotine based substances, they may become irritable, feel as if something is missing, feel uncomfortable or feel a desperate urge to light a cigarette because that is what they do after a meal, or when they go to the toilet or have a coffee.
How can Hypnotherapy help you to stop smoking?
- For Minds Sake can help your motivation and to gain serious willpower to quit smoking.
- Clinical hypnotherapy techniques are much more likely to help you quit smoking rather than by using willpower alone.
- It also provides an opportunity for you to see yourself as feeling great and a confident non-smoker.
- The hypnotherapist will teach you ways to relaxation techniques that help with stress/anxiety that makes you reach out for a cigarette in the first place.
- Self- hypnosis is also taught that can use to feel calm and in control and not giving your control to a cigarette stick.
You will also keep a record of your progress as you go through the stages of stop smoking (writing in a journal):
- Think about the reasons why you started to smoke in the first place, why you keep doing so and further where are you likely to smoke.
- Managing your triggers like going to the gym, keep busy, take deep slow breaths, get your family and friends to support you and finally keep the reasons why you quit in the first place in a note in your wallet to remind yourself your motivation.
- On the day you have quit avoiding temptation get support and handling the stress will make this an easier process.
- Relax and get plenty of sleep.
Once you have stop smoking, you will look back at the money, energy, time and life you have wasted on this habit.
Call me, Andrea Smith to find out more about how Clinical Hypnotherapy can help, so that you can finally being able to breath easier because you have Quit Smoking.